I’m so chuffed. I’ve only been blogging since May of this year and yet I’ve been nominated by With Love From P for the Liebster Award 2018. This lady is so amazingly supportive of me on my brand new journey and it is a huge honour to receive this nomination! Thank you so much With Love From P.
The Liebster Award 2018
Ok, so what is the Liebster Award? The Liebster Award 2018 is an award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
As part of the requirements this year, we have been asked to write a short post explaining why we are passionate about blogging. So….. here’s mine
Passionate about blogging
For me, blogging came about following the challenges that we have experienced as a special needs family. We have spent so long fighting the system, struggling to find information and looking for help that this served as an outlet for the frustration that we were feeling. The special needs journey is an up hill battle and, at times, it feels very much like you are banging your head against a brick wall. If I can help reduce the knocks that just one family experiences, then I am happy. It also gives me the opportunity to raise awareness of special needs and, in particular, pathological demand avoidance, a condition that, through our son, is now a major part of our lives. If you’re not sure what Pathological Demand Avoidance is, take a look at this post which will give you an insight.
At the end of this blog post, I will give my nominations, bloggers that inspire me and that I love to follow.
The Rules that I have been given
- Give the blogger that nominated you a special shout out
- Answer 11 questions given to you by the blogger
- Give up to 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate up to 11 blogs and bloggers and inform them of their nominations
The Official Rules of the Liebster Award 2018 rules can be found here.
The Questions asked of me
1.What is something you learnt only after it was too late?
That my son can’t cope with flying. This became very clear once we had left the ground on a 3 hour flight to Lapland to see Santa!
2. Tell me about the best day of your life?
The best day of my life was 30th June 2005 when I married the love of my life which then set in motion a chain of amazing things including the arrival of my twins. The day was so magical!
3. If you could have one super power, what would it be?
I’m not sure that this is really a super power but, in today’s world, everyone seems to judge each other and it makes people feel like they don’t belong. I would like to enable people to feel like they belong and to stop the negative judgement in the world.
4. If you were trapped on a desert island what 3 things couldn’t you live without?
My family, my dog and my unicorn called Fizz!!!
5. What is your ultimate blogging dream?
My ultimate blogging dream would be to write a post that not only goes viral but that helps lots of people.
6. What is the meaning of life?
This is a tough one. It will mean something completely different to each person. I think for me it has to be my family. Without them I’m not sure what my purpose would be.
7. If you could be a fly on the wall, what what you do and where would you be?
Outside of my family, my passion is horses. I would be a fly on the wall in a barn full of horses. It would be a privilege to be able to observe their secret world, to be a part of it, without actually interfering in it.
8. What is your biggest purchase?
There are lots of obvious answers to this one: a home, a car, a boat (I wish). For me though, it would have to be Bob, a 15.2hh coloured cob. This realised a dream of mine, to own a horse, but, with it, came so much more! I owned him for 14 years when, sadly, I had to make the decision to have him put to sleep. We learnt so much together and did so many things, things that I’d only ever dreamed of. He gave me so much courage – he was my horse in a million and I miss him every day.
9. What advice would you give your younger self?
I would want to tell my younger self to believe in myself 100%. To love myself and have faith in my ability to cope with whatever life throws at me. A gentleman that I am luckily enough to know through my business said “what ever someone else thinks of you is absolutely none of your business”. I wish that I had heard this when I was younger as it would have made such a difference!
10. Name a secret you’ve been too scared/embarrassed to tell anyone?
When I was younger, I would always have a hanky in my pocket to fiddle with. I liked the cold feeling between my fingers. 10 years into our special needs journey, I now have a much better idea as to what that was all about……..
11. Describe yourself in 3 words?
Caring, determined and obsessive!
11 Random facts about little ol’ me
- I’ve flown a helicopter
- I trained as an equine behaviourist with the Natural Animal Centre
- I’m a whopping 5 feet tall (152cm)
- All things planner related are an obsession of mine (stickers, filofaxes, washi tape, pens etc)
- We have a standard schnauzer, a bearded dragon, 2 rats and 5 chickens
- I have a full motorbike license and I used to own a GS500e
- Years ago I was a driving instructor
- The hospital told me that I couldn’t have children – interesting as I now have 12 year old twins!
- I’ve abseiled down a building in London for charity
- I have a large cuddly unicorn called Fizz that keeps me company when my husband is on nights…….
- My drink of choice is Prosecco and, if it’s too early (if that’s possible), then coffee!
My Liebster Award 2018 Nominees are: (in no particular order)
- PDA Bubble
- Mummy Needs a Time-Out
- Life with Alfie James
- Finding Mummys Voice
- PDA Parenting
- The Sassy Dreams Planner
- Steph’s Two Girls
- Sally Cat PDA
The Questions I would like them to answer:
- What is your favourite quote and why?
- You are washed up on a desert island and a box appears. What 3 items would you like to be in the box and why?
- If you had to make a choice between cheese and chocolate, which would you choose?
- If you could recommend just one book, what would it be and why?
- What is your favourite movie?
- What is your favourite thing about yourself?
- If you had to choose an animal that best reflected you as a person, what would it be and why?
- What is the top item on your bucket list?
- Would you prefer to live in the city or the countryside?
- Marmite. Yes or no?
- What would be your dream holiday?
Should you decide to accept your nomination for the Liebster Award 2018, and I hope that you do, please don’t forget to pop a link to your award post in the comments below so that I can read all of your answers.
I hope that you’ve enjoyed reading this post as much as I’ve enjoyed writing it. It’s such a huge honour to be nominated and, whilst not in keeping with my usual posts, I hope that this gives you an insight into me, the person behind the blog.
Till next time,
PS It would mean an awful lot to me if you would pop me a comment below and share this post. There are so many great bloggers out there and this award will help raise their profile and gain them valuable exposure.